Harry Potter Mind Map
Harry Potter is a series of seven fantasy novels written by British author J. K. Rowling. This is a brief introduction about the Harry Poter.
Similar Mind Maps
- Harry Potter
- "The boy who lived" - Parents killed by an evil wizard. Harryhas to live with his aunt and uncle who dislike him. Skinny,with black messed up hair, green eyes, and lightning boltscar.
- Ron Weasley
- Harry's best friend. Red hair. Has a bunchof siblings, and comes from a poorfamily.
- Hermione Granger
- Harry's other best friend. Comes from a"Muggle" family, and is very clever. Has bushybrown hair.
- Headmaster at Hogwarts. Very old and wise.Only person Voldemort fears. Big white beard,and piercing blue eyes.
- Professor McGonagall
- Stern Transfiguration teacher andhead of Gryffindor house atHogwarts.
- Professor Snape
- Potions professor. Head ofSlytherin House. Is hateful towardsHarry.
- Keeper of the keys at Hogwarts. Is aGiant and someone Harry feels close to.
- Evil wizard that killed Harry's parents and triedto kill Harry. Was believed to be dead, but isjust very weak.
- Professor Quirrel
- Defense against the dark arts professor. Has astutter and seems really shy. He is actually helpingVoldemort by trying to steal the Sorcerer'sStone.
- Despite his aunt and uncle's efforts Harry learns thathe is a wizard, and has been accepted to Hogwarts.Once there he is faced with challenges related toVoldemort.
- Rising Action
- 1. Harry leaves for Hogwarts,meets Ron and Hermione.
- 2. He is sorted into Gryffindor House.
- 3. He is put on the quidditch team
- 4.Becomes enemies withMalfoy, Crabbe and Goyle
- 5.Harry, Ron and Hermione discoverthat something is being guarded atHogwarts.
- 6. Harry and Ron saveHermione and they becomefriends.
- 7. They think Snape is trying to kill Harry.
- 8. Harry learns that Voldemort wantsthe Sorcerer's Stone to becomeimmortal.
- 9. Harry, Ron and Hermione try tostop Voldemort from getting thestone.
- Harry learns that Quirrel is helpingVoldemort and stops him from giving himthe stone.
- Falling Action
- 1. Dumbledore explains more about Voldemortto Harry, and tells him how he was able tostop Quirrel/ Voldemort.
- 2. Gryffindor wins the House Cup.
- Harry returns to his relative'shouse for the summer.
- J.K. Rowling
- Date of birth
- July 31, 1965
- Joanna Rowling is a British author, best known for writing the"Harry Potter" books. She went to Exeter University andstudied French and Classics. She started writing at a young age.
She taught English in Portugal. During her time in Portugal she was married andhad a daughter.
- June 26, 1997
- 1. The Dursley's - 4 PrivetDrive, Little Whinging
- 2. Hogwarts School ofWitchcraft and Wizardry
- 1. The Boy Who Lived
- 2. The Vanishing Glass
- 3. The Letters From No One
- 4. The Keeper of the Keys
- 5. Diagon Alley
- 6. The Journey from PlatformNine and Three Quarters
- 7. The Sorting Hat
- 8. The Potions Master
- 9. The Midnight Duel
- 10. Halloween
- 11. Quidditch
- 12. The Mirror of Erised
- 13. Nicolas Flamel
- 14. Norbert the NorwegianRidgeback
- 15. The Forbidden Forest
- 16. Through the Trapdoor
- 17. The Man with Two Faces
- Chapter 1
- Crane: Stretch one's neck to see better
- Chapter 2
- Tantrum: an outburst of bad behavior
- Chapter 3
- Quivering: to move with aslight trembling motion
- Chapter 4
- Flicker: to burn unsteadily
- Chapter 5
- Cauldron: a very large pot
- Chapter 6
- Swoop: move with a sweep
- Chapter 7
- Drone: a dull noise
- Chapter 8
- Ensnaring: catching
- Chapter 9
- Beckoned: motioned
- Chapter 10
- Spite: a desire to harm
- Chapter 11
- Conjured: made
- Chapter 12
- Entranced: enchanted
- Chapter 13
- Alchemy: form of chemistry
- Chapter 14
- Quill: feather
- Chapter 15
- Foretold: predicted
- Chapter 16
- Briskly: quickly
- Chapter 17
- Detest: hate