This is a mind map talking about Content-based Syllabus. You can create a mind map like this effortlessly.
Similar Mind Maps
- -It helps students to learn the languagethrough the study of a series of relevanttopics.
- -It gives learners a lot of exposure to thelanguage.
- -Communicative language teaching.
- -Students learn the language as aby-product of learning aboutreal-world content.
- -This kind of syllabus focuses on a kind ofinstruction in which the primary purpose isto teach some content or information usingthe language that students are learning. Inthis kind of syllabus the subject matter isprimary, and the language learning occursincidentally through the content learning.
- During the lessons, students are focused onlearning about something. This could beanything that interests them from a seriousscience subject to their favourite pop star oreven a topical news story or film. Based onany of these topic, students will have theopportunity of learning and practicing thelanguage.
- ThiThu, N. &amp; Nhung, H. (N.D). Content-BasedSyllabus. Retrieved from https://documents.mx/download/link/content-based-syllabus-2-2
- Jalilzadeh, K. and Tahmasebi, A. (2014).Content-Based Syllabus. Retrieved fromhttps://www.eujournal.org/index.php/esj/article/viewFile/4093/3927
- -It allows the integration of the four skillsand the use of authenitc material
- -It motivates students since they areexposed to different and interesing topics.
- -It facilitates the comprehension of thelanguage by stuying different contentwhich serves as the basis for teaching thelanguage skills.
- - Teacher&#39;s lack of knowledge about thetopic.
- - Limited time for students to achieveadequate academic level.
- - Little material available in the market toteach the different topics in the specificlanguage.
- -Teachers need to learn how to integrateacademic language and content better intheir classrooms.