McKinsey 7S Framework
This is a mind map talking about McKinsey 7S Framework. You can create a mind map like this effortlessly.
Similar Mind Maps
McKinsey 7-S Framework
the style of leadership adopted
- How participative is the management/leadership style?
- How effective is that leadership?
- Do employees/team members tend to be competitive or cooperative?
- Are there real teams functioning within the organization or are they just nominal groups?
the plan devised to maintain and build competitive advantage over the competition
- What is our strategy?
- How do we intend to achieve our objectives?
- How do we deal with competitive pressure?
- How are changes in customer demands dealt with?
- How is strategy adjusted for environmental issues?
the employees and their general capabilities
- What positions or specializations are represented within the team?
- What positions need to be filled?
- Are there gaps in required competencies?
the actual skills and competencies of the employees working for the company
- What are the strongest skills represented within the company/team?
- Are there any skills gaps?
- What is the company/team known for doing well?
- Do the current employees/team members have the ability to do the job?
- How are skills monitored and assessed?
called "superordinate goals" when the model was first developed, these are the core values of the company that are evidenced in the corporate culture and the general work ethic
- What are the core values?
- What is the corporate/team culture?
- How strong are the values?
- What are the fundamental values that thecompany/team was built on?
the daily activities and procedures that staff members engage in to get the job done
- What are the main systems that run theorganization? Consider financial and HRsystems as well as communications anddocument storage.
- Where are the controls and how are theymonitored and evaluated?
- What internal rules and processes does theteam use to keep on track?
the way the organization is structured and who reports to whom
- How is the company/team divided?
- What is the hierarchy?
- How do the various departmentscoordinate activities?
- How do the team members organize andalign themselves?
- Is decision making and controllingcentralized or decentralized? Is this as itshould be, given what we&#39;re doing?
- Where are the lines of communication?Explicit and implicit?